GUDMAP Jamboree 2021 - Celebrating 15 years of the GenitoUrinary Development Molecular Anatomy Project (August 23-24, 2021)
The GenitoUrinary Development Molecular Anatomy Project (GUDMAP) was established fifteen years ago to create a detailed molecular map of genitourinary tract development. In recognition of this milestone, this symposium will review GUDMAP accomplishments and discuss the future directions of the GUDMAP Consortium and its data resources.
We invite academic researchers and scientists in the biomedical community to join our celebration (via Zoom). This event features invited talks from external speakers; presentations from GUDMAP investigators showcasing their biomedical research and progress; relevant data, resources, breakout groups or discussions around key topics (e.g., bioinformatics, data quality), and tools available in the GUDMAP Hub for the broader communities at large; posters or lightning talks presentations from young investigators; and more.
The GUDMAP Jamboree is a celebration of 15 years of the GUDMAP consortium.
The workshop goals include:
- Highlighting the unique research resources, breadth of data (adult and embryonic data, human, disease, and more) and cutting-edge science available via the GUDMAP knowledgebase;
- Promoting interactions and fostering collaborations between basic scientists, clinician researchers, nontraditional renal and urological researchers, other NIH consortia, and other stakeholders interested in studying disease;
- Understanding how researchers use GUDMAP resources or would like to use GUDMAP resources;
- Uncovering datasets, tools, and algorithms that could enhance the richness of the GUDMAP knowledgebase, and understanding the expectations of users for data quality;
- Exploring research opportunities that span datasets or organs, including the kidney, ureters, bladder, urethra, prostate, and external male genitalia;
- And promoting the achievements of junior researchers and providing networking opportunities.
Dates and Times
Monday, August 23rd: 12:00 to 5:40 pm EDT (followed by social hour)
Tuesday, August 24th: 12:00 to 5:45 pm EDT
Please fill out the registration form.
The meeting will be held via Zoom. The join information will be sent to registrants by email.
You can find the agenda here. We expect to post the final version by July 30, 2021.
Interested researchers are invited to submit poster abstracts describing their ongoing or complete work related to GUDMAP goals and GUDMAP data. Topics for posters should include:
- Scientific progress or accomplishments that advance GUDMAP goals
- Demonstration of how GUDMAP data is used for new insights
- Deadline for submitting abstract (extended): July 26, 2021
- Notification of acceptance (extended): August 10, 2021
- Upload your poster presentation file: August 18, 2021
- A .docx template for the abstract is provided for your convenience.
- Do NOT include figures, tables, or a reference list.
- The maximum title length is 10 words.
- The maximum total length is 250 words.
Submitting Your Abstract
Please indicate your interest in submitting a poster when you register for the meeting. Further poster submission guidelines will be sent to after completing the form. Remember the deadline for submitting an abstract is July 26, 2021.